What is Holistic Nutrition and Wellness?
What we put into our bodies impacts every part of our being. So it’s no surprise that what we
eat affects our mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
Keeping in mind that the benefits of holistic nutrition and wellness varies from person to
person, this approach can help:
- Improve your overall quality of life
- Deepen self-compassion
- Encourage a sense of empowerment
- Create greater self-awareness
- Increase confidence in your health
- Strengthen immunity
- Support healthy weight management
- Decrease pain and inflammation
- Support a healthier gut microbiome and digestive function
- Increase energy
- Improve cognitive function and health
- Develop a greater sense of belonging
- Support healthy aging
- Enhance movement and peak performance
- Decrease stress and lower cortisol levels
- Improve the body’s natural detoxification process
- Support healthier hormone balance
- Improve sleep quality
- Support disease prevention
- Improve mood and emotional balance
Who is Holistic Nutrition and Wellness Coaching for?
Everybody – and every body – can benefit from holistic nutrition and wellness coaching
because we emphasize approaching each client as a unique individual with their own unique
This requires working in a collaborative way, one-on-one, to get you on the best path toward
optimal health and well-being.
Specific to my work and services, clients who are the most satisfied and successful:
- Begin with a great mindset, feeling ready and willing to make a long-term investment, not a temporary deposit, into their health.
- Commit to their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being from a self-care perspective.
- Communicate transparently and openly. I am each client’s #1 ally, loudest cheerleader, and greatest advocate, but I can only do my job if they are doing theirs.
- Are prepared to diminish the need for instant gratification, focusing on putting their mind and body first.
- Understand and accept that my work and services are not designed for fast, rapid, or instant results…it takes time to create lasting health changes.
- Do what is being asked of them. Success and satisfaction is largely dictated by individual actions and choices and every program I create incorporates daily and weekly “homework”. This means the client carries the responsibility to do what is being asked. My role is to be an empowering and supportive coach, mentor, and teacher, it is not my role to do the work for the client.
All holistic nutrition and wellness clients must be 18 years of age or older.
Before accepting a new client, I take time and care to get to know them. It is important that I
have a clear understanding of their health, needs, goals, intentions, and overall expectations.
While it is rarely the case, there are individuals who may not be a good match based on the
initial consultation. This doesn’t mean I don’t want to help and support them, rather, I have
identified that they may have greater success and satisfaction in a different program or
coaching approach – one that I do not offer or ethically cannot provide.
It is my duty to always remain within the scope of my practice as a holistic nutritionist and this
means to uphold the highest standard of care.
I want every client to feel empowered, and this sense of transformative power and control is
driven by a positive mindset, self-compassion, and clear intentions or goals.
I don’t feel there are any “types” that I wouldn’t work with.
Rather, clients tend to lack clarity and understanding of the differences between the two and
why they each serve an important purpose in their new journey. We work together to clarify
and set intentions and/or goals that align with your purpose.
What is A Bio-Individualized Approach?
The bio-individualized approach focuses on what makes you, you. Together we work toward
learning and understanding the relationships shared between your nutritional, physical,
mental, emotional, and spiritual needs combined with your habits, practices, and routines to
identify what works best.
My name is Aubree Rose Shofner and I have been working in the health and wellness field since
2016-2017 as a nutritionist, coach, and professional. My career in holistic nutrition has been
gradually coming to life ever since!
- Professional Background 2021-Present
- Holistic Nutritionist and Wellness Coach
- Micro Current Neurofeedback Technician
- Proud small business owner and entrepreneur
- Exclusively working 1:1 with a maximum of 30 active clients
- Studying to become a certified Transformation Life Coach
- Lifestyle and fitness nutrition coach; team lead nutritionist; head nutrition coach; assistant nutrition coach
- Nutrition program development
- 50+ active nutrition clients at career peak
- Certified personal trainer
- TRX 1:1 and group fitness trainer
- Group fitness instructor
- Individual and group exercise programming
- InBody570 testing and results educator
- Educational seminar presenter and speaker for nutrition and wellness
- Health and wellness blog & newsletter writer
- Educational Background
- I am currently studying to become a certified Transformation Life Coach
- American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) Graduates Certificate in Holistic Nutrition
- IASIS Micro Current Neurofeedback Certified Technician
- Precision Nutrition Certified (PN1) Nutrition Professional
- TRX Suspension Training (STC) Qualified Trainer
- American Sports and Fitness Association (ASFA) Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Professional
- Hilbert College Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a Minor in Crime Scene Investigation and Forensic Science
- Bryant and Stratton College Associate of Applied Science in Paralegal Studies
Specialized Knowledge and Experience
Healthy Weight Management
Learn how to maintain a healthy weight for your body and lifestyle.
With practices, skills, and education focused on your short- and long-term needs, we
are able to cultivate a successful foundation for health and vitality.
The principle of healthy weight management is not focused around weight loss or
weight gain, but it may involve cycles of either one at any given time in order to support
a higher functioning metabolism, improved hormone balance, and overall quality of
“Rapid” isn’t the answer. I will honor and prioritize your health and well-being by
focusing on maintaining lean muscle to support the process of metabolic training while
we work toward weekly weight loss.
There is no guarantee for how the body will or won’t respond at the start or in the
future due to many different modifiable and non-modifiable factors. Together, we will
discuss and set realistic expectations to lead you forward successfully.
Experts agree that weight loss beyond 2 lbs weekly is considered too fast and could put
the body at risk for short- and long-term health complications, including lean muscle
loss, nutritional deficiencies, trouble losing weight in the future, an increased
likelihood of regaining weight, a decrease in metabolic function, and more.
And for those looking to achieve weight gain without compromising health, I know it
can prove to be a challenge. Together we will identify optimal food sources and
nutrition targets that won’t leave you uncomfortably satiated, feeling as though you are
eating all the time, or at risk for health complications.
Brain Gut: Neuro-trition
The mind and gut share an intricate connection! Through science and diet, we know that the
proper nutrition and support can help manage and improve:
- Overall quality of life
- Inflammation and pain
- Skin problems
- Mood regulation
- Digestive function
- Mood fluctuations
- Brain fog
Pain and Inflammation
Pain and inflammation of the body can result from many different factors. The right
nutritional support can improve, manage, and potentially alleviate the signs and
symptoms of inflammation, including but not limited to muscle/joint/skin:
- Excess water retention
- Delayed onset muscle soreness
- Heat or redness
- Loss of function or range of motion
- Symptoms of specific disease/illness
- Sub-conditions related to high
- Inflammatory markers
I have worked with:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Acute and chronic pain
- Acute and chronic inflammation
Movement and Peak Performance
Optimize movement and peak performance through macronutrient nutrition targets,
nutrient partitioning, meal timing based on muscle protein synthesis and recovery, and
personalized supplementation guidance.
I have years of experience working with:
- Pre- and post-exercise nutrition
- Macro and micro nutrients
- MPS timing
- Nutrient partitioning
- Lean muscle growth
- Healthy weight gain/loss/maintenance
- Peak performance
Healthy aging can begin at any age! Let’s promote long-term vitality through nutritious
eating habits and conscious lifestyle choices.
Together we will create a plan that supports the continuous optimization of healthy
aging opportunities to maintain and improve physical, mental, emotional, and social
Balanced Stress and Cortisol
Cortisol is a naturally occurring hormone that plays a key role in stress response and a
number of important body functions.
While it is important, too much cortisol can become unhealthy. Prolonged periods of
high cortisol can cause a range of unwanted symptoms and negative effects:
- Headaches or migraines
- Muscle tension and pain
- Sleep problems
- Physical and mental fatigue
- Weight gain
- Weight loss difficulty
- Poor eating habits and cravings
- Mood regulation changes
- Hormone imbalances
- Brain fog
- Focus and memory issues
- Digestive issues
- Lowered immune function
- High blood pressure
- Decreased bone density
- Decreased muscle mass
Together we rebuild a healthy connection between your stress, mind, and body
beginning with appropriate and supportive nutrition changes.
As we navigate your program, we will focus on achieving balanced stress and improved
cortisol management with a complete approach toward mental, physical, emotional,
and spiritual vitality.
Program Features and Highlights
Local and remote 1:1 coaching
Healthie client portal with built-in food journal and nutrient tracking
Each client receives a HIPAA secure client portal account, accessible from any device at
The Healthie client portal provides:
- Mobile app access
- Secure invoicing and payment processing
- Secure messenger, replacing texts and emails
- Electronic paperwork, forms, and data collection including e-signatures
- Access to learning materials and individually created documents
- HIPAA-compliant video chat
- Built-in food journal and nutrient tracking
- Built-in poop and symptom tracking
- Built-in daily and weekly goal tracking
- Direct, instant sharing between coach and client
Bio-individualized nutrition and hydration targets
Together, we will identify all the areas that make you, you. Nutrition targets are calculated
specific to your body composition, health and medical needs, daily activity, diet history, stress,
sleep, and overall lifestyle patterns using techniques that compliment and support your
intentions and goals.
These are modifiable and will be adjusted as we navigate week to week.
Life is ever-changing, which means your body and nutrition needs are too!
Daily and Weekly Goal Setting
Stay focused, motivated, and excited with daily and weekly goals. By challenging you to grow
and try new things, your confidence and self-compassion will flourish!
Through discussion and reflection, we will work together in setting goals based on your
intentions and progress.
With a step-by-step approach, we will establish a strong foundation that allows us to identify,
modify, and build on any areas that need a little extra attention.
From nutrition to self-care, mindset to career, stress management to movement, the potential
for healthy change is limitless!
Clients routinely complete a individually focused reflection, a purposeful practice of looking
back at the week and taking ownership of actions, choices, thoughts, and practices while
- Physical changes
- Mental and emotional growth
In-office and Tele Sessions
I am excited to offer 1:1 sessions in-office, by phone, or video call.
Whether you are local, remote, or traveling, staying connected has never been easier.
InBody H20B Sessions
In less than 60 seconds we are able to accurately obtain your total body weight, fat mass, body
fat percentage, and lean muscle mass.
These routine scans provide accurate body composition data and reassurance that your body,
metabolism, and health are changing!
Are you interested but don’t see what you are looking for?
I understand the importance of finding the right coach and mentor, especially when it comes
to prioritizing mental, physical, emotional, and social health.
If the range of options I’ve shared don’t match your particular needs, intentions, or goals, I
would love the opportunity to chat more about this together.
Please reach out today! Call/ text 716-870-5986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org